6.21.2012

no effort slow cooker cleaning

I have finally figured it out!!

After years and years of soaking, scrubbing, soaking & scrubbing over and over again to get my crockpot inserts clean after particularly stuck-on messes, I finally figured out the best and easiest way to clean them.

Want me to share?


Ok, here's what you do:

1.  Take your dirty, gross, burnt-on food crusted crockpot...

2.  leave it in the base...

3.  fill it up with hot water and a few squirts of dish soap...

4.  turn it on LOW and walk away!

Let the soapy water 'cook' overnight, or even for a day or more if you've got a really big mess (think chili that sat in the slow cooker - on - for almost 2 days!).

When you're ready, dump out the hot water, do a quick swish with a brush or rag and your crockpot will be clean as a whistle!  (If it's not, add more hot water and soap and just let it cook longer!)

Enjoy your clean slow cooker with no effort at all!

Does this make you as excited as it does me?  I feel like I just gained years of my life back and a whole new joy-obsession with my slow cooker!!!

And, I will be making this slow cooker steel-cut oatmeal tonight.  And not caring one bit about the burnt on bits that are pretty much inevitable!



Related Posts with Thumbnails