6.04.2012

homemade hot fudge sauce...

Hot fudge sundaes.

Coffee ice cream drowned in homemade hot fudge.

Strawberries dipped in warm, gooey fudge.

Spoons and finger-fulls of fudge liked clean, over and over again...

Am I making you hungry yet?


My friend Cory (over at Fresh is the Taste!) makes some amazing Hot Fudge Sauce and she gave a bunch out as gifts last Christmas.

We were lucky enough to get a jar, and I am a tiny bit embarrassed to say I didn't share one drop of it.  I ate it all myself.  Mostly on my Häagen Daaz coffee ice cream...

I can't believe it took me 6 months to make some myself!  (Or maybe I can, because I have no self-control with the stuff!)

I made a few changes to Cory's recipe, but both versions are absolutely delicious!  Check her original version out here.

Oh, and one of the best parts of this recipe??  It only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!  Perfect for a last-minute special dessert!  (Because who doesn't love a scoop of ice cream with great hot fudge on it?!)


Homemade Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
adapted from Fresh is the Taste
makes about 2 cups

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:
Melt the butter, coconut oil and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat until all combined and smooth, stirring often.  Whisk in the cocoa powder and evaporated milk and bring to a boil.

Once boiling, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.  The fudge will thicken as it cools.

Store in the fridge and reheat carefully to serve!

(This supposedly lasts up to a month in the fridge, but I've never had it around longer than a week to test that theory!)



Related Posts with Thumbnails