6.01.2012

sirloin steak & veggie kabobs, gluten free

I know this is kind of a cheater recipe, but it's one that I want to share because it is so easy and simply delicious, for everyone...  gluten-free-eaters or not!


Allegro marinades are one of the few kinds of gluten-free marinades I can find easily at my small-town grocery store.  I'm guessing if I can find it in mine, you can find it in yours!


I loved the flavor, and the simplicity of dumping out a bottle is wonderful!

Yes, throwing together a marinade from-scratch can be easy enough in itself, but sometimes I just don't want to have to think about if onemorething is gluten free or not, when my brain is just tired.  :o)


Disclaimer:  This post is not an 'official' review. Allegro doesn't know anything about me, I just found their product, loved it and wanted to share it with you!

Gluten Free Sirloin Steak & Veggie Kabobs Recipe

Ingredients:
3 pounds beef sirloin steaks
2 large onions
2 large bell peppers
1 bottle Allegro Original Marinade
metal or wooden skewers (if wooden, soak for at last 30 minutes before using!)

Directions:
Cut the steaks into about 2" cubes, trimming off any excess fat as you go.  Place all the cubes into a gallon-sized ziploc bag and pour in the whole bottle of Allegro gf marinade.

Marinate at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to a day in the fridge.  Remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before grilling if it has been chilled.

Cut the onions into quarters, and trim the bell peppers and cut them into about 2" pieces.  You can also add mushrooms and other veggies here...  whatever you like on your skewers!

Thread the meat and veggies alternately onto the skewers, beginning and ending with the meat.  When they are all ready, grill them on a fairly hot grill with the lid closed until the meat is cooked to your liking and the veggies are tender.

Serve with rice!



Related Posts with Thumbnails