6.25.2012

a fun, new summery drink!


You all know I love to share fun new things with you when I find them.

This new summer-drink is no exception!

We (and by we, I mean my husband and friends, because being 7 months pregnant I am obviously not drinking these days!) recently discovered Michelob ULTRA Light Cider, a brand new different & fun summery drink.



I was bummed that I couldn't have any, but my husband did a great job of describing it to me:

"It's a fresh, crisp, very light & sweet summery drink.  Almost like having a nice cold lemon-lime soda, but with a kick and a sweet hint of apple behind it.  Very refreshing and very easy to drink, it makes you feel like you should be laying in the sun by the pool!"

Sounds pretty good to me!  I am looking forward to trying it myself later this summer...  hopefully over a glass of crushed ice, while I'm laying by the pool!

Michelob ULTRA Light Cider is a much lighter version of a traditional hard cider.  1/3 fewer calories*, much less heavy, sweet and just overall more refreshing.  It would be a great substitute for your usual white wine or champagne!

And another fun little tidbit that makes me smile...  It is naturally sweetened, made from hand-picked apples, and it also happens to be Gluten Free!

My eyes have recently been opened up to the world of Gluten-Free eating, and even though it's not a need in my family right now, it still makes me happy to see more and more companies embracing the needs of people who used to have such a hard time finding fun new things that they could enjoy without worry.

If you're looking for a refreshing treat next time the sun is out and you'd like to try something new, give this Light Cider a try!

Want to know more?  Check out Michelob's website (Sponsor's Site) or the Michelob ULTRA Light Cider page on Blogher.com!

(Michelob ULTRA Light cider is available nationwide in six-packs of 12-ounce clear glass bottles...  on their website there's a handy little tool where you can plug in your zipcode for a specific list of stores where it's available near you!)


*Michelob ULTRA Light Cider has 1/3 less calories than an average of the leading regular hard ciders, 120 cal./serving in light hard cider vs. 180 cal./serving in an average of the leading hard ciders!

**Dislaimer:  This is a paid review for BlogHer and Michelob.  I was given this product free to review.  My opinions are my own (and my friends and family's!) and only what I would say to you if you were sitting with me at my kitchen table!

Related Posts with Thumbnails