6.23.2012

perfect, extra moist banana bread

Do you have a signature recipe?

A treat or meal that you have been making for years, over and over again...  so often that you could practically make it in your sleep?


This banana bread is mine.  In fact, I think my husband will be a little bit upset with me for sharing this with you...

He thinks this should be one of those 'kept under lock and key forever and ever' recipes.


But you know what?

I love you.

And because I love you, I want to share this special treat with you.

And since I can't make you all little loaves of banana bread and sit with you and visit, I'm going to share this recipe with you and hope that you'll try it.


I love a good slice of fresh banana bread with my morning coffee, and since I can get this bread into the oven in about 10 minutes (or pull it out of the freezer...  it freezes beautifully!), it's a quick and delicious treat for those 'banana bread days'.

Maybe someday we can all slather some butter on our warm banana bread, pour ourselves a cup of coffee (or tea!) and have a chat!  Wouldn't that be lovely?


Perfect, Extra Moist Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (or nutmeg)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.  Butter a 9x5" loaf pan.

Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in the eggs.  In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda & salt.  Add to the creamed mixture and mix until just combined.

Mix in the bananas, sour cream & vanilla.  Pour into the pan and bake for about 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

This bread does not need extra butter on top, it's so moist.  But, that has never stopped me from putting butter on my slices!  :o)


Related Posts with Thumbnails