10.15.2011

I don't wanna...

I really really don't wanna!

Potty train my toddler, that is.  

I am so incredibly, completely, wholly dreading this experience.

I know that everyone has done it and survived, but I just don't know how I will.

If you know me In Real Life, you probably know already that I don't like messes.

If you didn't already know that, well...  now you do.  (And you obviously have never lived with me.  Those who do or have, are well aware of my ick-phobia!)

I just don't know how I am going to handle all the messes.  Ugh.  I think I'd rather just leave him in diapers until he's ready for Kindergarten!

But, I also know that I can't put it off much longer.  Bjørn is ready.

Whether he likes it or not.

He gets upset now when he fills his diaper.  He wants it off and says "ewww....  YUCK!".

Of course, when asked if he wants to go use the big boy potty, he says "Nope.  Born car-mater-wakeeen diaper?"  

(Toddler-speak translation:  "Car-mater-wakeeen" is Lightning McQueen from CARS...  which is on his pull-ups.)

He is as stubborn as all get-out.  Maybe even more stubborn than me.

So I can tell you already...  this is not going to be fun for either of us!  But it's time.

So, tell me...  What worked for you??

I have looked into (and heard great things about) the 3-day Potty Training Method...  but I must admit, it kinda scares me!

Other than that, I am a fish out of water here.

We have one of these, that he loves to sit on, but not use:


And we have one of these, that we both hate:


So, please...  tell me what worked for you!

Encourage me!  Give me your advice!!  (Yes, I'm asking for it!)  Help!

Because at this point...

I just don't wanna do it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails