10.07.2011

my heart's song...

Do you ever find a song on your heart that keeps trying to burst forth?  Words that fill your mind and your thoughts until you can't help but let them pour out, as you work and pray and live each moment of your day?

(Image source:  Pinterest)

Sometimes I feel that life as a mother of toddlers is impossible.  That there must be some secret trick that every other mom has, that I don't have, to be able to survive this ohsodifficult phase.  The screaming, the crying, the never-sleeping...  and the kids are pretty out of control too!

This is my heart's song lately.  The one that I cannot escape from and cannot contain.  Showing up when I least expect it, but most need it.  This beautiful old hymn "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go" (by George Matheson & Christopher Miner) is what seems to get me through each day.

O Love that will not let me go,
I rest my weary soul in thee;
I give thee back the life I owe,
That in thine ocean depths its flow
May richer, fuller be.

O Light that followest all my way,
I yield my flickering torch to thee;
My heart restores its borrowed ray,
That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
May brighter, fairer be.

O Joy that seekest me through pain,
I cannot close my heart to thee;
I trace the rainbow through the rain,
And feel the promise is not vain,
That morn shall tearless be.

O Cross that liftest up my head,
I dare not ask to fly from thee;
I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
And from the ground there blossoms red
Life that shall endless be. 

Want to hear one of my favorite versions of this hymn??  These guys are amazing.  Absolutely amazing.


How did you survive the toddler years?  What is the trick??

Related Posts with Thumbnails