10.10.2011

buffalo chicken corn chowder

Nothing says "Fall" to me more than soup.

So, when I was thinking about what to make for the fall-one-pot-meal theme of this week's Holiday Recipe Exchange*, I knew it had to be soup.

And then the idea for this Buffalo Chicken Corn Chowder jumped in my head and just would not be pushed aside!

I knew the flavors would be a hit with the husband (and me...  I craved buffalo wings with my last pregnancy, and still the thought of them makes me smile!), so I threw it together for Sunday dinner...  and it wow...  it was just as good as we hoped!


Creamy, rich corn chowder full of our favorite buffalo chicken flavors...  plenty of heat, but not too spicy.  This is a perfect meal for these cold fall days ahead of us!

I served this with Cheesy Garlic Biscuits and celery sticks.  Such a comforting meal!

Buffalo Chicken Corn Chowder Recipe

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3lbs chicken, chopped
1 large onion, diced
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
4 cups chicken stock
4 cups half & half
4 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, jack or a blend!)
1 (14.75oz) can cream-style corn
salt & pepper, to taste
blue cheese crumbles, for topping (optional)

Directions:
Heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large stockpot.  Sautée the chicken until golden brown.  

Stir in the onions & celery and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot, until soft.  Stir in the garlic and let cook for a few seconds, until fragrant.

Pour in the buffalo sauce and simmer for a few minutes.  Stir in the chicken stock & bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

Stir in the half & half, cheese, corn and salt & pepper and heat until the cheese is melted and the soup is hot.  Serve with a small pat of butter, blue cheese crumbles and drizzle of more buffalo sauce if you want it spicier!

(This meal is perfect with some crusty bread for dipping, or my Cheesy Garlic Biscuits!)

*Come join the fun at the Holiday Recipe Exchange over at GoodLife Eats and My Baking Addiction!  Le Creuset sponsored this week's "Fall One Pot Meals" theme!

Related Posts with Thumbnails